- SBU chief, US Ambassador to Ukraine discuss issues of cooperation in fight against Russian aggression 30.03.2023
- Russia preparing to call up another 400,000 troops, probably using coercion – British intelligence 30.03.2023
- Three civilians killed, 11 wounded from Russian shelling over past day – Defense Ministry 30.03.2023
- Passport service Document starts operating in Germany 30.03.2023
- Ukraine’s Dpty Defense Minister in Poland gets acquainted with training of Ukrainian military, tests Leopard 2 tank 30.03.2023
Ukraine cuts output of metal products by 78-80% in Jan-Feb vs pre-war period
KYIV. March 8 (Interfax-Ukraine) – In January-February of this year, Ukrainian metallurgical enterprises reduced production of general rolled products, according to recent data, by 79.9% compared to the same period last year, to 591,000 tonnes.
According to the information of the Ukrmetalurgprom association, in the first two months of 2023, steel production decreased by 79.3% compared to January-February 2022, to 708,000 tonnes.
Cast iron production in January-February 2023 decreased by 77.6% compared to January-February 2022, to 737,000 tonnes.
As reported, Ukrainian steel enterprises in January of this year reduced production of general rolled products by 84.6% compared to the same period last year, to 257,000 tonnes, steel by 84.7%, to 284,000 tonnes, and cast iron by 78.5%, to 384,000 tonnes.