- Russians step up filtration, counter–sabotage activities in occupied part of Kherson region – General Staff 31.01.2023
- Any info about Ukraine's alleged unwillingness to return POWs is element of enemy's IPSO – Coordination HQ 31.01.2023
- Ukraine needs heavy offensive weapons – Stefanchuk 31.01.2023
- Russia creating conditions for launching offensive in Luhansk region in coming months – ISW 31.01.2023
- Hungarian Ambassador to Ukraine summoned to Ukrainian MFA in connection with Orban's disparaging statements 31.01.2023
Ukraine counts on Belgium's support in implementation of Peace Formula – Korniyenko
KYIV. Jan 25 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Ukraine is counting on the support of Belgium in the implementation of the Peace Formula proposed by President Volodymyr Zelensky, First Deputy Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada Oleksandr Korniyenko said.
"Ukraine has already proposed a plan to end the war, the Peace Formula. And we count on the support of Belgium and its leadership in the implementation of one of the points of this formula," Korniyenko said at a meeting of the Verkhovna Rada delegation with Belgian Defense Minister Ludivine Dedonder in Brussels.
According to the Verkhovna Rada press service, the first deputy chairman informed about the situation in Ukraine and expressed gratitude for the practical assistance. "There is a common goal – to hold Russia accountable for the aggression against Ukraine, including its crimes against humanity," Korniyenko said, adding that work is currently underway on the UN General Assembly Resolution on the responsibility of the perpetrators for each crime.
Korniyenko invited the Belgian side to support and help engage other countries in voting for this resolution, which will lay the foundation for the creation of the International Tribunal.
For her part, Dedonder said Belgium continues to cooperate with international partners to support Ukraine.
She said Belgium stands with the Ukrainian people.
The Ukrainian delegation also met with deputies of the Belgian Parliament, members of the committees on defense and foreign affairs.
"We see a violation of international law and the UN Charter. We see a violation of all principles of humanity. And we want the war to end the way it should end, with the victory of Ukraine, the preservation of our borders recognized by the world, and that everyone guilty of this war be held accountable for the crimes committed," the Verkhovna Rada First Deputy Chairman said at a meeting with Belgian colleagues.
As reported, the delegation of the Verkhovna Rada headed by Korniyenko is on a visit to Belgium.