- Biden says he plans to discuss with Zelensky issue of arms supplies 31.01.2023
- One child, one man killed, five more civilians wounded amid enemy shelling of Bakhmut on Tues – prosecutor's office 31.01.2023
- Meeting of European Commission with Ukrainian govt to be catalyst for further initiatives for years to come – high-ranking EC official 31.01.2023
- U.S. may announce new military assistance package to Ukraine soon – White House 31.01.2023
- Ukraine fully fulfils its intl obligations, incl Ottawa Convention, has already destroyed 3 mln anti–personnel mines – MFA 31.01.2023
Ukraine and partners doing everything possible to win in 2023 – Yermak at WEF
DAVOS. Jan 19 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Ukraine and its partners are doing everything possible to end the war with Ukraine’s victory this year, said head of the President’s Office of Ukraine Andriy Yermak, speaking online at the World Economic Forum (WEF) in Davos on Thursday.
"We say that this will be the year of our victory, and all our partners think the same," he stressed.
According to him, one of the steps for this should be the support by the UN General Assembly of the Peace Formula proposed by President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky, based on the norms of the UN Charter.
"I don’t know if Russia is an example of this plan. If it was ready to accept, she would never have attacked us. But Russia understands that it cannot fight against the whole world," Yermak said.
He added that with the prolongation of the war, the number of partners of Ukraine is only growing, and they give help not so that Ukraine survives, but so that it wins, because they believe in such a victory.
Answering questions about the reliability of German support, the head of the President’s Office stressed that Germany plays a very important role in supporting Ukraine, in particular, in implementing its accession to the EU, although more would be preferred. At the same time, Yermak pointed out that German society has been on the side of Ukraine from the very beginning, and expressed hope that very soon this will be embodied in additional military aid packages to end the war.
The representative of Ukraine also rejected the words of the presenter, referring to French President Emmanuel Macron, that Ukraine would need decades to join the EU. According to Yermak, Ukraine will be a full member of the EU soon enough, and not in a decade.
In addition, Yermak stressed that Ukraine cannot imagine victory without the liberation of Crimea and the entire Donbas, and it is pointless to put pressure on Zelensky in this matter. The head of the President’s Office added that he could not confirm the existence of such pressure.