- Another Russian ship destroyed off Snake Island coast – Defense Ministry 07.05.2022
- Zelensky indicates the need to eliminate queues at gas stations – meeting of President’s Office with Cabinet 07.05.2022
- Sumy region shelled by Russian aircraft, serviceman of Border Guard Service wounded – regional authorities 07.05.2022
- Air defense shoots down Russian missile over Poltava region – head of regional administration 07.05.2022
- Two Russian servicemen who fired Grad at Kozacha Lopan to appear before court – prosecutor's office 07.05.2022
UK sanctions Russian steel producer Evraz
MOSCOW. May 6 (Interfax) – The UK has sanctioned Russian steel producer Evraz plc.
"The steel manufacturing and mining company operates in sectors of strategic significance to the Government of Russia," the UK government said in a press release.
Evraz produces 28% of all Russian railway wheels and 97% of rail-tracks in Russia, the press release said.
It said the UK had sanctioned over 1,000 individuals and over 100 businesses since Russia’s special operation in Ukraine began. No UK citizen or company can do business with them, the press release said.
Evraz is a major vertically integrated steel and mining company and one of the largest producers of vanadium in the world. The company’s largest shareholders are Abramovich, Alexander Abramov through Abiglaze Ltd., Alexander Frolov through Crosland Global Ltd., Gennady Kozovoi, and Maxim Vorobyov, who control respectively 28.64%, 19.32%, 9.65%, 5.74%, and 3.01% of shares.