- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
- Wagner fighters exhausted by Ukrainian forces: Enemy forced to involve special forces, amphibious assault units in battles for Bakhmut – Syrsky 10.04.2023
Twenty-six people killed, 12 injured in accident in Rivne region on Tues – Interior Ministry
KYIV. May 4 (Interfax-Ukraine) – As a result of an accident in Rivne region on the Kyiv-Chop highway, 26 people were killed, 12 people were injured, the press service of the Ministry of Internal Affairs reported.
"A total of 26 people were killed in the accident: 24 passengers and two drivers (of a minibus and a bus); 12 people were injured: 11 bus passengers and a gasoline truck driver; all passengers were between the ages of 17 and 69. The youngest would have turned 18 years old on May 12," according to a report published on the Telegram channel on Wednesday morning.
It is known "that there were 34 passengers and one driver in the Setra bus heading to Poland at the time of the accident.
The identity of the deceased minibus driver has not been established yet.
The accident occurred because of the driver of the car Mercedes-Benz Vito, which "was maneuvering to overtake another vehicle, drove into the oncoming lane, where he collided with a gas tanker.
All participants in the accident were from Zhytomyr, Kyiv, Chernihiv, Kharkiv, and Khmelnytsky regions.
On May 3, at about 19:50, a gasoline truck collided with a bus on the Kyiv-Chop highway in the village of Sytne, Dubno district, and then caught fire.