- Another Russian ship destroyed off Snake Island coast – Defense Ministry 07.05.2022
- Zelensky indicates the need to eliminate queues at gas stations – meeting of President’s Office with Cabinet 07.05.2022
- Sumy region shelled by Russian aircraft, serviceman of Border Guard Service wounded – regional authorities 07.05.2022
- Air defense shoots down Russian missile over Poltava region – head of regional administration 07.05.2022
- Two Russian servicemen who fired Grad at Kozacha Lopan to appear before court – prosecutor's office 07.05.2022
Twenty-six people killed, 12 injured in accident in Rivne region on Tues – Interior Ministry
KYIV. May 4 (Interfax-Ukraine) – As a result of an accident in Rivne region on the Kyiv-Chop highway, 26 people were killed, 12 people were injured, the press service of the Ministry of Internal Affairs reported.
"A total of 26 people were killed in the accident: 24 passengers and two drivers (of a minibus and a bus); 12 people were injured: 11 bus passengers and a gasoline truck driver; all passengers were between the ages of 17 and 69. The youngest would have turned 18 years old on May 12," according to a report published on the Telegram channel on Wednesday morning.
It is known "that there were 34 passengers and one driver in the Setra bus heading to Poland at the time of the accident.
The identity of the deceased minibus driver has not been established yet.
The accident occurred because of the driver of the car Mercedes-Benz Vito, which "was maneuvering to overtake another vehicle, drove into the oncoming lane, where he collided with a gas tanker.
All participants in the accident were from Zhytomyr, Kyiv, Chernihiv, Kharkiv, and Khmelnytsky regions.
On May 3, at about 19:50, a gasoline truck collided with a bus on the Kyiv-Chop highway in the village of Sytne, Dubno district, and then caught fire.