- Zelensky thanks Canada for expanding, extending UNIFIER mission in Ukraine 27.01.2022
- Ukraine to deepen cooperation with Germany in decarbonization 27.01.2022
- Presidents of Ukraine, Lithuania discuss security situation along Ukrainian borders 27.01.2022
- Kuleba has audience with Queen Margrethe II of Denmark 27.01.2022
- Creating psychological pressure, Russia tries to worsen Ukraine’s economy – Shuliak 27.01.2022
There is no conflict of interest between Yermak and Tatarov – Zelensky
KYIV. Nov 27 (Interfax-Ukraine) – President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky, commenting on the restoration of the powers of deputy head of the President’s Office Oleh Tatarov for interaction with law enforcement agencies, said that there is no conflict of interest between him and head of the President’s Office Andriy Yermak.
"Tatarov works as a deputy [of Yermak]. He has responsibility. He is elected by the head of the President’s Office, because this is his personnel. I appoint such persons … This is the person who is responsible for interaction with law enforcement agencies. I know that when that case happened, when there was a heat moment, Andriy Yermak told him: ‘Look, you have such a situation, you must prove that you are not guilty in this matter and for this period you will be limited in some powers," he said at a press marathon 30 questions for the President of Ukraine in Kyiv on Friday.
According to Zelensky, such a decision by Yermak was fair. At the same time, the head of state added that he did not pay attention to the situation when Tatarov’s powers were restored [in the summer of 2021].
Answering a clarifying question whether this means that there is no more conflict of interest between Tatarov and Yermak, Zelensky answered: "No, there is no conflict."