- Uzbekistan, Afghanistan could discuss power line, railroad construction projects 16.10.2021
- Zelensky instructs to consider issue of increasing prison term for smugglers to 20 years – Danilov 16.10.2021
- Russia records all-time high of COVID-19 cases, deaths, 33,308 and 1,002 – coronavirus response HQ 16.10.2021
- Ukraine's defense plan approves by NSDC is classified, it to be implemented in case of war – Danilov 16.10.2021
- Intl Court of Justice appoints second round of written submissions in Ukraine against Russia case – MFA statement 16.10.2021
There is enough gas in Ukrainian storage facilities for needs of population, social sphere – dpty head of President's Office
KYIV. Oct 13 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The reserves of natural gas in Ukrainian storage facilities are sufficient to cover the needs of the population and social enterprises in the heating season, Deputy Head of the President’s Office Kyrylo Tymoshenko says.
"The gas in the storage facilities is quite enough for the needs of the population and the social sphere. There are no problems with this," Tymoshenko wrote on Facebook on Tuesday.
According to him, the price of gas for the needs of population is set at UAH 7.42 per cubic meter: "at this price, Naftogaz sells fuel to retail suppliers and heat generating companies to meet the needs of the population." "The price of gas for the needs of the social sphere (schools, hospitals, etc.) is UAH 16.8 per cubic meter. This is already the full price with VAT and transportation tariffs," the Deputy Head of the President’s Office said.
Tymoshenko said that the gas price on the market "really goes off scale", but the state helps local government to overcome this crisis, "among other things, with the help of a special price."
The official also said that from October 15, NJSC Naftogaz Ukrainy is ready to sign all the necessary agreements with consumers in the social sphere.
Tymoshenko urged "not to disperse the panic" in connection with the ongoing meetings of the regional commissions on technogenic and environmental safety and emergency situations on gas supply and said that they gather "only to overcome technical issues in order to speed up the signing of contracts for gas supply."