- Putin gives Snowden Russian citizenship 26.09.2022
- Zelensky, Rutte discuss situation at front, further support for Ukraine 26.09.2022
- Invaders toughen filtration measures in occupied regions of Ukraine – AFU General Staff 26.09.2022
- Occupiers mount two missile attacks, launch four air strikes against Ukraine in past 24 hours – AGU General Staff 26.09.2022
- Air defense forces down Russian missile in Dnipropetrovsk region – governor 26.09.2022
Ten foreigners released from Russian captivity through mediation of Saudi Arabia – Zelensky
KYIV. Sept 22 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Ten foreign citizens had been released from Russian captivity, President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky said during a telethon on the night of Wednesday to Thursday.
"We helped our friends, this is a matter of honor for Ukraine, a matter of our gratitude for helping our state. We managed to release ten foreign citizens who were in Russian captivity," he said.
According to Zelensky, "earlier we discussed this with Boris Johnson – he asked for assistance. With American friends. Now the following people will return home: five citizens of Great Britain, two citizens of the United States, one citizen of Morocco, one citizen of Sweden, and one citizen of Croatia. The enemy sentenced them to a long prison term or the death penalty. We saved their lives. All of them will return home with the mediation of Saudi Arabia."