- Ukrainian volunteers face problem of bringing humanitarian aid into country – experts 22.05.2022
- Another Russian ship destroyed off Snake Island coast – Defense Ministry 07.05.2022
- Zelensky indicates the need to eliminate queues at gas stations – meeting of President’s Office with Cabinet 07.05.2022
- Sumy region shelled by Russian aircraft, serviceman of Border Guard Service wounded – regional authorities 07.05.2022
- Air defense shoots down Russian missile over Poltava region – head of regional administration 07.05.2022
Sweden to provide additional $23 mln to support humanitarian actors in Ukraine – PM
KYIV. May 5 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Sweden will provide an additional $23 million to support humanitarian organizations in Ukraine, Swedish Prime Minister Magdalena Andersson has announced.
"Today, at this session, we will focus on urgent need to mobilize funding for humanitarian response in Ukraine… Sweden today will provide an additional $23 million to support humanitarian actors in Ukraine," she said at the High Level International Donor Conference for Ukraine in Warsaw on Thursday.
Andersson said that Ukraine is in dire need of humanitarian and financial support, as well as military equipment.
"Dear Prime Minister Shmyhal, let me express my deepest admiration for the courage of the Ukrainian people. My heart go to all Ukrainians who are suffering from this war… Ukraine will win this war and we will stand by your side," the head of the Swedish government said.