- Putin disagrees with Erdogan on UN SC reform: veto right cannot be scrapped 21.10.2021
- Zaporizhia Iron Ore Plant increases production of iron ore by 7.1% in Jan-Sept 21.10.2021
- Ukraine's military development by NATO already taking place, it's real threat for Russia – Putin 21.10.2021
- Congress of Servant of People party to be held in mid-November – Korniyenko 21.10.2021
- Stefanchuk: No one tells me which TV programs to attend 21.10.2021
Suspicion of Medvedchuk properly handed over – PGO, SBU
KYIV. Oct 8 (Interfax-Ukraine) – MP of the Opposition Platform – For Life faction Viktor Medvedchuk has been notified of a new suspicion of high treason and aiding the financing of terrorist organizations in a proper way, Prosecutor General Iryna Venediktova and Head of the State Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) Ivan Bakanov said.
"Today prosecutors and investigators tried to notify personally of the suspicion on record. He [Medvedchuk], using the status of a MP, said ‘Will you detain me? If not, I will go," Venediktova said at a briefing in Kyiv on Friday.
The Prosecutor General said there are clear imperative rules for detention. "It is necessary to notify the person about this [about the suspicion] at the place of registration, residence, work. Today it was all done. Therefore, from today he is considered notified of the suspicion in the proper way," Venediktova said.
In turn, Head of the SBU Ivan Bakanov said: "The suspicion of Mr. Mevedchuk, in our opinion, was handed over in all possible ways as of today."