- No feed-in tariffs in new bill on energy storage systems – head of Rada energy committee 18.09.2021
- Latvia includes Ukraine in list of countries that pose serious risk to public health – embassy 18.09.2021
- Monitoring system will include all info about oligarchs – Danilov 18.09.2021
- Rada taxation committee excludes norm on excise duty for RES from 'resource' bill No. 5600 – first deputy head 18.09.2021
- Russian occupation forces violate ceasefire in Donbas 7 times, two JFO fighters wounded over past day – HQ 18.09.2021
Supreme Court schedules consideration of PrivatBank case on payment of $350 mln to Surkis companies for Sept 14
KYIV. Sept 13 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The Grand Chamber of the Supreme Court has scheduled for September 14 the consideration of the case on appeal of the court ruling of 2017 regarding the bank’s obligations to service the deposits of the Surkis brothers’ companies placed before nationalization in the accounts of its Cypriot branch, which estimate the obligations under them at $347.4 million.
"On September 14, a regular session of the Grand Chamber of the Supreme Court will be held to consider case No.757/7499/17 on appealing the decision to secure the claim of non-resident companies associated with the Surkis brothers, on the basis of which foreign companies associated with the Surkis family are trying to recover from the bank almost $350 million," the bank said on its website on Monday.
It is indicated that the consideration should take place in written proceedings, without the participation of the parties.
The press service said that PrivatBank applied to the court with a petition to provide an opportunity for representatives of the bank to take part in the court session.