- Another Russian ship destroyed off Snake Island coast – Defense Ministry 07.05.2022
- Zelensky indicates the need to eliminate queues at gas stations – meeting of President’s Office with Cabinet 07.05.2022
- Sumy region shelled by Russian aircraft, serviceman of Border Guard Service wounded – regional authorities 07.05.2022
- Air defense shoots down Russian missile over Poltava region – head of regional administration 07.05.2022
- Two Russian servicemen who fired Grad at Kozacha Lopan to appear before court – prosecutor's office 07.05.2022
Sumy region shelled by Russian aircraft, serviceman of Border Guard Service wounded – regional authorities
KYIV. May 7 (Interfax-Ukraine) – In Sumy region, the territories of the Myropilska and Khotynska communities on Saturday afternoon were shelled from the air by the enemy Russian aircraft, a serviceman of the State Border Guard Service was wounded, said head of the Regional Military Administration Dmytro Zhyvytsky.
"It happened today, May 7, at about 13:00, by air-to-ground missiles. As a result of the shelling, a soldier of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine was wounded," he reported on the Telegram channel.
In turn, the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine reported on the Telegram channel that the enemy aircraft hit bomb strikes on the territory of Sumy region.
"The strikes were carried out at a distance of about 20 km from each other by pairs of aircraft, most likely Su-35s," the report noted.
Both attacks occurred in the area of Yunakivka border guard unit of Sumy detachment. Ukrainian border guards, who were on duty in this area, managed to take cover, the press service informs.
"It should be noted that during one of the events, enemy aircraft fired not only on Ukrainian territory, but also opened fire on Russian territory," the Interior Ministry reported.