- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
- Wagner fighters exhausted by Ukrainian forces: Enemy forced to involve special forces, amphibious assault units in battles for Bakhmut – Syrsky 10.04.2023
Stefanchuk: We must break economic backbone of Russian killing machine
KYIV. May 4 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Ruslan Stefanchuk asked head of the German Christian Democratic Union party, Friedrich Merz, to help strengthen Ukraine’s defense capability and impose painful sanctions against the Russian Federation.
"I am glad to welcome head of the German Christian Democratic Union party, Friedrich Merz, to the parliament. I turned to him with gratitude for what has already been done, and with hope for what will be done in the future. I called for help to strengthen Ukraine’s defense capability, support our European integration aspirations, and impose painful sanctions against Russia," Stefanchuk wrote on Facebook on Tuesday evening.
According to the speaker, "Putin’s machine gun will fire as long as the cartridges are fed into the chamber, so we must break the economic backbone of this killing machine."
The speaker of the Ukrainian parliament said that, for his part, Merz noted that since the beginning of the war he had advocated the supply of weapons to Ukraine. The head of the CDU assured that he supports the European integration aspirations of Ukraine, which "defends not only its land, but also democracy and freedom of all Europe."