- Ukrainian volunteers face problem of bringing humanitarian aid into country – experts 22.05.2022
- Another Russian ship destroyed off Snake Island coast – Defense Ministry 07.05.2022
- Zelensky indicates the need to eliminate queues at gas stations – meeting of President’s Office with Cabinet 07.05.2022
- Sumy region shelled by Russian aircraft, serviceman of Border Guard Service wounded – regional authorities 07.05.2022
- Air defense shoots down Russian missile over Poltava region – head of regional administration 07.05.2022
Stefanchuk: We must break economic backbone of Russian killing machine
KYIV. May 4 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Ruslan Stefanchuk asked head of the German Christian Democratic Union party, Friedrich Merz, to help strengthen Ukraine’s defense capability and impose painful sanctions against the Russian Federation.
"I am glad to welcome head of the German Christian Democratic Union party, Friedrich Merz, to the parliament. I turned to him with gratitude for what has already been done, and with hope for what will be done in the future. I called for help to strengthen Ukraine’s defense capability, support our European integration aspirations, and impose painful sanctions against Russia," Stefanchuk wrote on Facebook on Tuesday evening.
According to the speaker, "Putin’s machine gun will fire as long as the cartridges are fed into the chamber, so we must break the economic backbone of this killing machine."
The speaker of the Ukrainian parliament said that, for his part, Merz noted that since the beginning of the war he had advocated the supply of weapons to Ukraine. The head of the CDU assured that he supports the European integration aspirations of Ukraine, which "defends not only its land, but also democracy and freedom of all Europe."