- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
Special ceremony to be held at CoE on anniversary of start of Russian invasion of Ukraine
BRUSSELS. Feb 17 (Interfax-Ukraine) – A ceremony in support of the Ukrainian people will be held at the Council of Europe on the anniversary of the beginning of the aggressive war of the Russian Federation against Ukraine on February 24, after which an extraordinary meeting of the Committee of Ministers will take place.
The press service of the Council of Europe said on Friday that the ceremony will be broadcast live. On February 23 and February 24, the Palace of Europe will be illuminated with the colors of the Ukrainian flag.
It is expected that at 9:00 (10:00 Kyiv time) Minister of Foreign Affairs of Iceland and Chairman of the Committee of Ministers Þórdís Kolbrún R. Gylfadóttir, Secretary General Marija Pejčinović Burić, Chairman of the Parliamentary Assembly Tiny Kox and the representative of Ukraine will address the audience at the ceremony in the courtyard of the Council of Europe. After that, singer Iryna Duvarry will perform the national anthem of Ukraine and the anthem of Europe. A photo exhibition “The Year of Resilience” will open in the lobby of the Committee of Ministers.
At 10:00 (11:00 Kyiv time), an extraordinary meeting of the Committee of Ministers will be held, which discussed the consequences of the aggression of the Russian Federation against Ukraine.