- Cost of housing construction under ‘Biden’ project will be $750/sq m – Academy of Construction 17.06.2022
- Ukraine’s Construction Academy offers format of 8-apartment buildings for rapid housing construction 27.05.2022
- Fund for Reconstruction, Development of Ukraine plans to create rehabilitation center for civilians, military persons in country’s west 27.05.2022
- Mobile hospitals can temporarily replace destroyed ones – opinion 27.05.2022
- KNUCA to prepare bachelors under reduced three-year program 27.05.2022
Some 53 Ukrainian insurers have transparent ownership structure – NBU preliminary assessment
KYIV. May 3 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Some 53 out of 147 insurance companies that submitted information to the National Bank of Ukraine (NBU) have a transparent ownership structure, 37 have signs of a non-transparent ownership structure, and 57 insurers require additional verification of the ownership structure.
Such a preliminary assessment is given in the annual report of the regulator for 2021, published on its website.
At the same time, it is noted that five insurance companies submitted information late, 10 insurers did not submit, eight of which are located in the temporarily occupied territories of Ukraine or the territories of the Joint Forces Operation.
The NBU also reports that in 2021, some 55 insurance companies were excluded from the state register of financial organizations and not one was included.
In general, as of December 31, 2021, some 155 insurance companies were registered in Ukraine, of which 142 specialized in risk insurance and 13 in life insurance.