- Cost of housing construction under ‘Biden’ project will be $750/sq m – Academy of Construction 17.06.2022
- Ukraine’s Construction Academy offers format of 8-apartment buildings for rapid housing construction 27.05.2022
- Fund for Reconstruction, Development of Ukraine plans to create rehabilitation center for civilians, military persons in country’s west 27.05.2022
- Mobile hospitals can temporarily replace destroyed ones – opinion 27.05.2022
- KNUCA to prepare bachelors under reduced three-year program 27.05.2022
Since start of Russia's aggression, Astarta collects up to 7,000 tonnes of humanitarian aid worth $8.3 mln
KYIV. May 3 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Since the beginning of Russia’s military invasion, the largest sugar producer in Ukraine, the Astarta agricultural holding, has donated 7,000 tonnes of food, medicine, personal hygiene products and clothing to Ukrainians affected by the war in the form of humanitarian aid for a total amount of over $8.3 million.
According to the group’s press release, released on Tuesday, in order to increase the volume of charitable assistance, the agricultural holding created the Common Help UA humanitarian project in March, which has already been joined by 15 Ukrainian and foreign donor partners.
At the same time, the humanitarian contribution of Astarta under Common Help UA amounted to more than UAH 60 million, including more than 600 tonnes of food, 85 vehicles and other material resources, as well as the delivery of 5,100 tonnes of food to communities as part of a humanitarian mission with the Embassy of Switzerland in Ukraine and 3,000 tonnes of humanitarian aid from the UN World Food Programme.
In total, 503,000 Ukrainians evacuated and affected by hostilities, as well as more than 130 social and medical institutions of Ukraine, serving over 1 million people, received assistance.
Astarta is a vertically integrated agro-industrial holding operating in eight regions of Ukraine.