- No feed-in tariffs in new bill on energy storage systems – head of Rada energy committee 18.09.2021
- Latvia includes Ukraine in list of countries that pose serious risk to public health – embassy 18.09.2021
- Monitoring system will include all info about oligarchs – Danilov 18.09.2021
- Rada taxation committee excludes norm on excise duty for RES from 'resource' bill No. 5600 – first deputy head 18.09.2021
- Russian occupation forces violate ceasefire in Donbas 7 times, two JFO fighters wounded over past day – HQ 18.09.2021
Shmyhal, Slovenian PM discuss deepening of bilateral relations, Ukraine's European integration
KYIV. Sept 10 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Prime Minister of Ukraine Denys Shmyhal, at a meeting with Prime Minister of Slovenia Janez Janša, congratulated Slovenia on the beginning of the presidency over the Council of the European Union and stressed that Ukraine is expecting the successful implementation of the Ukraine-EU agenda.
"Ukraine seeks to strengthen and develop the Eastern Partnership through the implementation of concrete and effective projects. We look forward to the successful holding of the Ukraine-EU summit in October this year and the support of Slovenia in updating the trade part of the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the European Union," the government’s press service quoted Shmyhal as saying.
The prime minister also noted that Ukraine is awaiting the conclusion of an agreement with the EU on a Common Aviation Area, and expressed hope that Slovenia will assist in accelerating this issue. In addition, he said that one of the important stages of Ukraine’s European integration is the synchronization of the Ukrainian energy system with the European ENTSO-E network.
Among other things, the parties discussed the development of trade and economic relations between the countries. In particular, Shmyhal suggested holding the ninth meeting of the Joint Ukrainian-Slovenian Commission on Trade and Economic Cooperation.