- Another Russian ship destroyed off Snake Island coast – Defense Ministry 07.05.2022
- Zelensky indicates the need to eliminate queues at gas stations – meeting of President’s Office with Cabinet 07.05.2022
- Sumy region shelled by Russian aircraft, serviceman of Border Guard Service wounded – regional authorities 07.05.2022
- Air defense shoots down Russian missile over Poltava region – head of regional administration 07.05.2022
- Two Russian servicemen who fired Grad at Kozacha Lopan to appear before court – prosecutor's office 07.05.2022
Shmyhal, PM of Sweden discuss financial, defense support for Ukraine
KYIV. May 5 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Prime Minister of Ukraine Denys Shmyhal discussed with Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Sweden Magdalena Andersson financial and defense support to Ukraine.
"During a working visit to Warsaw on May 5, Prime Minister of Ukraine Denys Shmyhal met with Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Sweden Magdalena Andersson. The parties discussed issues of financial and defense support for Ukraine," the government’s press service said in a statement.
Shmyhal said that weapons, sanctions, financial support and a European perspective are the key elements of Ukraine’s future victory.
"Financial support for Ukraine is a contribution to the future stability and security of the European continent and the whole world. Ensuring macro-financial stability is an essential element for the further fight against a terrorist country," the prime minister said.
Shmyhal also thanked Andersson for organizing a high-level International Donor’s Conference in support of Ukraine, as this is a very important platform for coordinating efforts in organizing comprehensive assistance to Ukraine.
In addition, the prime ministers of Ukraine and Sweden discussed issues of energy security and ways to diversify nuclear fuel supplies, as well as the need to provide Ukraine with modern military weapons.