- Wagner fighters' control over Azom factory complex in Bakhmut remains contested – British intelligence 29.03.2023
- War in Ukraine kills at least 8,401 civilians, 14,023 wounded – UN 29.03.2023
- Occupied territories lack medical personnel, part of hospitals treat only Russian occupiers – Maliar 29.03.2023
- Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra to be a museum that hosts religious services – Danilov 29.03.2023
- Zhovkva: Start of negotiations on Ukraine's accession to EU is investment in secure future of Europe 29.03.2023
Share of electronic Green Card policies in first month of introduction reaches almost 60% of all signed policies
KYIV. March 13 (Interfax-Ukraine) – In the first month of the introduction of Green Card electronic policies (since September 2022), their share reached almost 60% of all concluded contracts for this type of insurance, the Motor (Transport) Insurance Bureau of Ukraine (MTIBU) has reported.
As reported, in 2022, 1.6 million Green Card international insurance policies were signed, which is 2.1 times more than in 2021. The amount of collected premiums for this type of insurance grew by 2.6 times, to UAH 4.1 billion.
In 2022, 7,700 claims were settled under Green Card international insurance policies, which is 44.9% more than a year earlier in the amount of EUR 19.7 million (43.4% more).
The MTIBU is the only association of insurers that provides compulsory insurance of land vehicle owners’ civil liability for damage caused to third parties.
Green Card is a system of insurance protection for victims of a traffic accident, regardless of their country of residence and the country of registration of the vehicle. Green Card covers the territory of 47 countries of Europe, Asia and Africa.
According to the decision adopted by the General Assembly of the Council of the Bureaux of the Green Card international auto insurance system in Luxembourg in May 2004, Ukraine has been a full member of this system since January 1, 2005.