- No feed-in tariffs in new bill on energy storage systems – head of Rada energy committee 18.09.2021
- Latvia includes Ukraine in list of countries that pose serious risk to public health – embassy 18.09.2021
- Monitoring system will include all info about oligarchs – Danilov 18.09.2021
- Rada taxation committee excludes norm on excise duty for RES from 'resource' bill No. 5600 – first deputy head 18.09.2021
- Russian occupation forces violate ceasefire in Donbas 7 times, two JFO fighters wounded over past day – HQ 18.09.2021
Shandra's attorneys appeal to ECHR on torture, persecution in Kuznya on Rybalsky case
KYIV. Sept 15 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Attorneys-at-law of Head of Kuznya on Rybalsky’s board Valeriy Shandra filed a complaint with the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) due to "political persecution, violation of the client’s rights and the use of torture against him."
According to the Pryamiy television channel, this was stated by attorney Kostiantyn Rybachkovsky. "Today we filed a complaint with the ECHR about what is happening with our client. We hope for priority consideration of this case," he said.
It is reported that a well-known European human rights expert, Gregory Thuan dit Dieudonne, who previously worked as a senior lawyer at the ECHR, joined the case.
The attorney says that Shandra was raised at night, handcuffed and driven for hours in a cramped escort car.
"A 69-year-old man with chronic diseases, who has been in custody for more than two months, was driven all day in a convoy car, kept in a small room for escorting in Pechersky Court for a whole day, it is not known why. No meetings and actions were taken with him. He was deprived of the right to food, to lunch. He was deprived of the right to normal mobile activity, normal life activity. He did not have walks. Only in the evening he was escorted back," the attorney said.
The defender also said that Shandra, who was operated on in 2020, "is not receiving proper medical care."
In turn, attorney Illia Novikov said: "We are convinced this case is solely political. It is aimed at creating the illusion in society of justifying the conversations that were two years ago that [Petro] Poroshenko administration is profiting from military orders. The rhetoric with which Volodymyr Zelensky went to the presidential elections in 2019 was not found in two and a half years, so this criminal case arose."