- One should not look for soft synonyms for war crimes – Podoliak 27.03.2023
- Zelenskyy: Dozens of apartments in two houses in Zaporizhia, affected by Russia’s rocket attack on March 22, not suitable for living 27.03.2023
- Stefanchuk: We start discussion with UK Parliament on recognizing Holodomor as genocide of Ukrainian people 27.03.2023
- Defense forces attack 10 places of concentration of invaders in past 24 hours – AFU General Staff 27.03.2023
- Stefanchuk: It's time for UK to become leader of ‘air coalition’ 27.03.2023
Settlements with RES generation down in Feb to 57% from 91% in Jan – Guaranteed Buyer
KYIV. March 13 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The level of settlements of the Guaranteed Buyer state enterprise with producers of green electricity from renewable sources in February 2023 decreased to 57% from 91% in January.
“This month we have a different percentage of payments than in January. This is primarily due to the fact that NPC Ukrenergo has not yet made advance payments in full,” acting director of Guaranteed Buyer Artem Nekrasov is quoted on the company’s website.
According to him, another reason for the decrease in payments was a surplus of electricity on the market in February, which is generally a positive factor for the Ukrainian energy system, indicating stabilization in the industry and systematic resolution of problems caused by enemy missile strikes.
“However, at the same time, a surplus of electricity also affects the activities of sellers and manufacturers and the success of the trading strategy implementation. We analyze supply and demand and do everything to sell our goods as efficiently as possible,” Nekrasov explained.
According to Guaranteed Buyer, as of March 8, 2023, the company transferred UAH 3.5 billion to renewable energy generation as payment for 866,200 MWh of green electricity supplied since the beginning of 2023, another UAH 200 million was for debt repayment in 2022.
The overall level of payment for green electricity from the beginning of 2023 was 71.1%, for 2022 – 53.3% and for 2021 – 99%.
The total debt of NPC Ukrenergo to Guaranteed Buyer for the service of increasing the share of green generation amounted to UAH 13.8 billion as of March 8, 2023.