- HCJ confirms compliance with criteria of professional ethics of all judges appointed by Zelensky – President's Office 03.12.2021
- Defense Intelligence Agency says new period of operational, combat training of Russian-occupation fighters in Donbas started 03.12.2021
- Ukrainians declare UAH 250 mln under tax amnesty in three months – MP 03.12.2021
- Public organizations ask to veto law on critical infrastructure 03.12.2021
- MPs propose revised bill on mandatory funded pension system 03.12.2021
Sending U.S. weapons, advisors to Ukraine could lead to repeat of Afghan scenario – Duma deputy
MOSCOW. Nov 23 (Interfax) – Kyiv should bear in mind the fate of Afghanistan in light of reports indicating that the United States might send weapons and military advisors to Ukraine, Andrei Kartapolov, head of the Russian State Duma Defense Committee, told Interfax.
"All of the attempts of the U.S. to help Ukraine drive it into an abyss," Kartapolov said on Tuesday.
The Ukrainians should bear in mind "how the reckless venture of the Americans in Afghanistan ended and think whether they might later find themselves clinging to departing American planes and helicopters," he said.
"And when the time comes, none of these advisor types and helpers will be around," Kartapolov said.