- Ukrainian volunteers face problem of bringing humanitarian aid into country – experts 22.05.2022
- Another Russian ship destroyed off Snake Island coast – Defense Ministry 07.05.2022
- Zelensky indicates the need to eliminate queues at gas stations – meeting of President’s Office with Cabinet 07.05.2022
- Sumy region shelled by Russian aircraft, serviceman of Border Guard Service wounded – regional authorities 07.05.2022
- Air defense shoots down Russian missile over Poltava region – head of regional administration 07.05.2022
Second modular town for IDPs opened in Lviv – city council
LVIV. May 6 (Interfax-Ukraine) – A second modular town for 120 houses for IDPs has been opened in Lviv, the press service of Lviv City Council said.
According to the city council, up to 320 people will be able to live in the town, the first 100 have already settled.
"These people survived the horrors of war and bombing, especially children. Children’s laughter when they feel safe, I think, is the best gift that Lviv can receive on its birthday," Lviv Mayor Andriy Sadovy said.
According to the mayor, next week the authorities of Lviv plan to open another town in Sykhiv region. In total, about 1,000 people will be able to live in three towns.
Sadovy also said IDPs can live in modular towns in the summer and part of the fall. "For the winter period, there are other options for migrants. Now we are working with the office of the president and the government to launch a program for the construction and purchase of housing for people in need," the mayor of Lviv said.