- Zelensky announces good news from front 28.09.2022
- Zelensky congratulates Giorgia Meloni, her party on their victory 28.09.2022
- WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2022 28.09.2022
- French investigators to help Ukraine with documenting crimes in Izium, identification of victims – Colonna 27.09.2022
- Zelensky, Stoltenberg discuss situation on battlefield, further support of NATO for Ukraine 27.09.2022
SBU turns to Switzerland to identify false bomb threat callers who use Protonmail resource
KYIV. Jan 28 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) has appealed to the Swiss partners with a request to identify the persons who used the anonymized Protonmail mail resource to commit a number of criminal offenses, in particular, sending anonymous messages threatening to commit terrorist acts on the territory of Ukraine.
Head of the SBU Ivan Bakanov, at a meeting with Swiss Ambassador Claude Wild, said that to send such messages, lawbreakers also use private mail resources hosted in Switzerland, in particular, Protonmail, the SBU said on its website on Thursday.
“We carefully check every such fake bomb threat, and, fortunately, they are not confirmed. But such messages distract the forces and means of law enforcement officers from tracking the operational situation and responding to other manifestations of hybrid aggression of the Russian Federation,” the head of the SBU said.
According to him, the security situation in Ukraine is difficult, but quite controllable, despite the fact that “the Russian Federation and the so-called LPR/DPR use all means to achieve their subversive goals.” “And one of the methods of hybrid warfare is cyberattacks and sending anonymous messages with threats of committing terrorist acts on the territory of Ukraine,” Bakanov said.