- Payments by TAS insurance group grows by one third in Jan-Aug 20.09.2021
- Ukrainian serviceman wounded amid eight ceasefire violations in Donbas in past 24 hours – JFO HQ 20.09.2021
- Rada taxation committee excludes norm on excise duty for RES from 'resource' bill No. 5600 – first deputy head 20.09.2021
- Ukrainian canoeists Luzan, Chetverikova win gold at World Rowing Championship 20.09.2021
- Business develops project to create national network of hydrogen filling stations in Ukraine – president of association 20.09.2021
SBU investigating car explosion in Dnipro, where Emergency Service's press secretary, public organization's member killed
KYIV. Sept 15 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The State Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) is conducting appropriate investigative actions in connection with the explosion of a car in Dnipro and the death of two people in order to establish all the circumstances and persons involved in the incident.
"Investigative actions are being conducted on the fact of the explosion of a car on Bohdana Khmelnytskoho Avenue, which occurred in the morning of September 15. According to available information, the explosion killed two people. This is one of the members of a public patriotic organization, as well as the press secretary of the State Emergency Service in Dnipropetrovsk region, which at the time of the explosion, she was also in the car," the SBU press center said on Telegram.
On the fact of the incident, information was entered into the Unified Register of Pretrial Investigations, under Part 3 of Article 258 (act of terrorism) of the Criminal Code of Ukraine.
It is noted that further details of the investigation will be informed additionally.
Earlier, law enforcement officers established that a man and a woman were in the car that exploded in Dnipro on Wednesday morning. On this fact, criminal proceedings were initiated with preliminary legal qualifications under Article 258 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine (act of terrorism).
As reported, at 09:00 on Wednesday, on Bohdan Khmelnytsky Avenue in the city of Dnipro, a car explosion occurred, as a result of which two people died.