- Ukrainian volunteers face problem of bringing humanitarian aid into country – experts 22.05.2022
- Another Russian ship destroyed off Snake Island coast – Defense Ministry 07.05.2022
- Zelensky indicates the need to eliminate queues at gas stations – meeting of President’s Office with Cabinet 07.05.2022
- Sumy region shelled by Russian aircraft, serviceman of Border Guard Service wounded – regional authorities 07.05.2022
- Air defense shoots down Russian missile over Poltava region – head of regional administration 07.05.2022
SBU: 11 Russian snipers taken prisoner in Kharkiv region, Russian special services' agent detained in Zhytomyr region
KYIV. May 6 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Since the beginning of Russian military operations in Ukraine, the State Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) has eliminated over 140 enemy subversive reconnaissance units and exposed 4,000 collaborators, SBU spokesperson Artem Dekhtiarenko has said.
"In Kharkiv region, during a special operation by the SBU, some 11 Russian snipers were captured. The detainees were part of the so-called 115th regiment of the subversive reconnaissance unit, which fired at Ukrainian positions," Dekhtiarenko said in a video statement posted on the SBU Telegram channel on Friday.
According to him, in Khmelnytsky region, the SBU military counterintelligence neutralized an enemy subversive reconnaissance unit of three people who were planning sabotage in the region.
In Zhytomyr region, as the SBU spokesperson said, an agent of the Russian special services was detained, who collected intelligence on the number and combat readiness of the aircraft of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. "The attacker turned out to be an official of one of the defense enterprises of our state," Dekhtiarenko said.
The spokesperson of the Ukrainian special service also said that in Sumy region, the head of one of the city councils, his deputy and a local deputy were exposed for cooperation with the enemy.
"Two more collaborators were detained in Kyiv region, who contributed to the ‘quartering’ of the aggressors, helped them navigate the terrain of Bucha district, and took part in looting and abducting of Ukrainian patriots," Dekhtiarenko said.