- UN predicts reduction in Ukraine's population to 35 mln by 2050 29.11.2021
- NATO Secretary General threatens Russia with economic, political consequences in case of 'aggression against Ukraine' 29.11.2021
- Lukashenko links situation around Belarus to aggravated tension in Black Sea area 29.11.2021
- German Ambassador to Ukraine: de-oligarchization law can only be first step in fight against oligarchs 29.11.2021
- Rada public health committee supports signing of memo on voluntary medical insurance in Ukraine 29.11.2021
SBI works out actions in case of possible terrorist attack in east of country
KYIV. Nov 25 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The Security Service of Ukraine conducted anti-terrorist exercises in Starobelsk district of Luhansk region, according to the special service website.
"The purpose of the training is to test the readiness of all counter-terrorism actors to counter possible sabotage and increase the level of interdepartmental interaction during special operations," the message says.
According to the legend of the training, conditional terrorists entered the territory of the pretrial detention center in Starobelsk and took prison staff hostage. The criminals demanded the release of the persons taken into custody, and also blew up the bridge over the Aidar River, after which it was decided to start the power phase. The soldiers of the Special Operations Center of the SBI "A" neutralized the "terrorists" and freed the "hostages", while the explosives technicians found the "explosive devices" that had been planted and neutralized them. Other participants in the exercise quickly restored transport links across the river through a pontoon crossing.
The exercise was attended by regional units of the SBI, the Armed Forces of Ukraine, the National Guard, the State Border Guard Service, the National Police, the State Special Communications Service, the Prosecutor’s Office, the State Penitentiary Service, the State Service for Emergency Situations, state authorities and local self-government bodies.
According to the coordinating group of the Anti-Terrorist Center under the SBI, the training participants demonstrated their readiness for well-coordinated interagency cooperation in the context of the anti-terrorist operation in the JFO area.