- Cost of housing construction under ‘Biden’ project will be $750/sq m – Academy of Construction 17.06.2022
- Ukraine’s Construction Academy offers format of 8-apartment buildings for rapid housing construction 27.05.2022
- Fund for Reconstruction, Development of Ukraine plans to create rehabilitation center for civilians, military persons in country’s west 27.05.2022
- Mobile hospitals can temporarily replace destroyed ones – opinion 27.05.2022
- KNUCA to prepare bachelors under reduced three-year program 27.05.2022
Sales of new passenger cars in Ukraine in April revive against backdrop of March, but fall by 87% compared with April 2021
KYIV. May 4 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Sales of new passenger cars in Ukraine in April this year amounted to 1,242 cars, which is almost twice as much as in March this year (590 units), AUTO-Consulting has reported.
"April sales results for new passenger cars revived a little against the background of March results. But compared to April 2021, the drop remains catastrophic – 87%," the experts said.
According to them, Renault became the market leader, as in March, with a share of 16% (200 cars), Toyota is in second place (12.7%), and VW came in third from fourth in March (8% of the market).
Skoda occupied the fourth place, Mitsubishi steadily was the fifth, sales in Hyundai grew a little.
The experts pointed out an interesting trend – the growth in the presence of Mercedes-Benz (52 cars against 16 in March) and BMW (43 against 17) on the market, which is associated with zero customs clearance, which some direct buyers took advantage of.
AUTO-Consulting also noted an almost two-fold increase in the share of western regions against the backdrop of a decrease in the volumes of eastern regions.
According to analysts, a total of 12,905 new passenger cars were sold in January-April 2022, which is 58.4% less than in the same period last year.
As reported, in 2021 the market for new passenger cars exceeded 100,000 cars for the first time in the previous eight years – 20% more cars than a year earlier were sold, 103,650 cars.