- SBU chief, US Ambassador to Ukraine discuss issues of cooperation in fight against Russian aggression 30.03.2023
- Russia preparing to call up another 400,000 troops, probably using coercion – British intelligence 30.03.2023
- Three civilians killed, 11 wounded from Russian shelling over past day – Defense Ministry 30.03.2023
- Passport service Document starts operating in Germany 30.03.2023
- Ukraine’s Dpty Defense Minister in Poland gets acquainted with training of Ukrainian military, tests Leopard 2 tank 30.03.2023
Russia’s sstrategic defeat in war against Ukraine irreversible – AFU General Staff
KYIV. Feb 23 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The strategic defeat of the Russian Federation in the war against Ukraine is irreversible, since the resources of the countries supporting Ukraine are much greater than the resources of the aggressor country. Deputy head of the Main Operational Directorate of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, Brigadier General Oleksiy Hromov said.
“The Ukrainian Defense Forces are once again forced to use effective and justified tactics of attrition of the enemy, which has already shown its effectiveness. The only way to minimize losses and accumulate sufficient offensive potential is to conduct a steadfast defense, as a result of which the enemy suffers tangible losses and is forced to constantly tighten its reserves,” he said at a briefing at the Military Media Center on Thursday.
Hromov noted that the leadership of Ukraine is taking measures to create reserves, which should ensure the rotation and restoration of the combat capability of units performing tasks on the front line.
“The strategic defeat of the Russian Federation in the war against Ukraine is irreversible, since Ukraine is supported by the advanced countries of the world, whose resources are much larger in comparison with the Russian Federation,” the General Staff said.