- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
- Wagner fighters exhausted by Ukrainian forces: Enemy forced to involve special forces, amphibious assault units in battles for Bakhmut – Syrsky 10.04.2023
Russian troops destroy and damage more than 32 mln sq m of housing in Ukraine – Lazebna
KYIV. May 5 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Russian troops have already destroyed and damaged more than 32 million square meters of housing in Ukraine, Minister of Social Policy Maryna Lazebna said.
"The scale of the humanitarian catastrophe that this war brings with is growing. Russian troops are destroying our lives. They are targeting critical life support infrastructure, trying to leave cities without electricity, water, gas, communications, food and medicine deliveries," Lazebna said on the results of an extraordinary meeting of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development on the migration crisis associated with Ukraine.
According to her, Russian troops have already destroyed and damaged more than 32 million square meters of housing, more than 1,400 educational institutions and about 250 medical institutions.