- Central Mining and Processing Plant reduces production of pellets by 2.5% in nine months 23.10.2021
- Ukraine threshes 11.15 mln tonnes of corn – Agrarian Policy Ministry 23.10.2021
- Ukrzaliznytsia to open vaccination points against COVID-19 at railway stations in all regional centers 23.10.2021
- National Securities and Stock Market Commission approves corporate governance standards of professional participants for discussion 23.10.2021
- Rada may adopt amendments to regulations in order to avoid delaying budget process – head of budget committee 23.10.2021
Russian predator already advances on EU – Groysman
KYIV. Oct 13 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The European Union understands that Russia, like a predator, is already attacking the strategic interests of Europe and creates a crisis for it, but this is not a reason for Ukraine to wait for someone else’s decisions and not carry out internal transformations, leader of the Ukrainian Strategy party Volodymyr Groysman said on the air of the Ukraine 24 TV channel.
Commenting on results of the Ukraine-EU summit, which took place in Kyiv on October 12, Groysman said that the general tone of the statements resembles similar documents of the last year and the year before last: there are few specifics.
"But there are several important things. One of them: Russia should be responsible for the ‘L/DPR’ ("Luhansk and Donetsk Peoples’ Republics") artificially created by it. This is the right signal. Our European partners understand that this predator in the form of Russia is already attacking their interests, creating crises," Groysman said.
But Ukraine cannot and should not sit idly by – even despite the fact that there are no specifics about Nord Stream 2 and energy security either in Europe or within Ukraine.
As Groysman said, the only correct way for our state now is to fulfill the Association Agreement with the EU, which at the moment is far from full and high-quality implementation and realisation, and to build our own country.
"The strategic vision is that Ukraine should develop and transform internally: have a strong economy, social policy, become a member of the league of wealthy European states. And this issue is for us – for Ukraine, for the current government," Groysman said.