- NSDC sanctions to cover over 3,600 individuals, legal entities including Putin's children, relatives, oligarchs – Economy Ministry 01.10.2022
- Italy's Eni said Gazprom did not confirm to it gas supplies through Austria on Oct 1 01.10.2022
- Twenty two people, including 10 children, killed in car convoy shot by invaders in Kupiansk district of Kharkiv region – updated data of PGO 01.10.2022
- Georgia will never recognize pseudo-referendums on Ukrainian territories – MFA 01.10.2022
- Twenty four people, including 13 children, one pregnant woman, died in enemy shelling of convoy near Kurylivka in Kharkiv region 01.10.2022
Russian forces shell occupied Enerhodar on their own – head of Nikopol administration
KYIV. Aug 15 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Head of Nikopol District Military Administration in Dnipropetrovsk region Yevhen Yevtushenko has denied the Russian occupation forces’ statements about alleged shelling of temporarily occupied Enerhodar, Zaporizhia region, from the territory of Nikopol, the city controlled by the Ukrainian government, which is located across Kakhovske reservoir.
"Dear friends, on the opposite bank, the Russian troops continue the performance named "The AFU [Armed Forces of Ukraine] Shell Enerhodar from Nikopol." In fact, the shelling is carried out by the Russian troops themselves. All this is akin to creating a local casus belli. These events reach us in the form of sounds of artillery and panic created by numerous bloggers who appear like mushrooms after rain," Yevtushenko said on the Telegram channel.
He suggested that the shelling of Enerhodar "concerns the local consumer", and therefore the shelling of Nikopol and Nikopol district from the occupied territories should not be expected before dark.
"Moreover, certain people are taking preventive measures on this issue," the official said.
At the same time, he stressed that in practice it is difficult to predict the actions of the invaders and it is impossible to give a full guarantee of security before the curfew.
"The war continues, the enemy is at a distance of 5-10 kilometers from us. Not a single Telegram channel, not a single source of information will give you a 100% guarantee of warning and safety. I ask you not to panic, critically perceive information on the Internet, if possible avoid open areas and crowded places. This is not a rule for a day or a week. This is a rule until the end of the war," Yevtushenko said.