- Ukrainian volunteers face problem of bringing humanitarian aid into country – experts 22.05.2022
- Another Russian ship destroyed off Snake Island coast – Defense Ministry 07.05.2022
- Zelensky indicates the need to eliminate queues at gas stations – meeting of President’s Office with Cabinet 07.05.2022
- Sumy region shelled by Russian aircraft, serviceman of Border Guard Service wounded – regional authorities 07.05.2022
- Air defense shoots down Russian missile over Poltava region – head of regional administration 07.05.2022
Russian attacks Sviatohirsk Lavra, seven people wounded – prosecutor's office
KYIV. May 5 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Seven people were injured as a result of enemy shelling of the Holy Dormition Sviatohirsk Lavra, according to Donetsk Regional Prosecutor’s Office.
"According to the investigation, on May 4, 2022, the Russian Armed Forces launched an air strike on the town of Sviatohirsk in Kramatorsk district. Once again, the occupiers targeted the Holy Dormition Sviatohirsk Lavra, which had been a haven for peaceful Christians for centuries and now shelters refugees from the Russian armed invasion," it said on Facebook.
As a result of the shelling of the Lavra territory, the dormitory building was damaged. According to preliminary data, seven civilians were injured.
Police investigators and employees of the State Emergency Service are currently working at the scene.
Under the procedural guidance of the Sloviansk District Prosecutor’s Office, a pretrial investigation into the criminal proceedings for violation of laws and customs of war (Article 438 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine) is underway.