- Reznikov: We guarantee life and safety to Russian military who refuse to fight, we’ll achieve tribunal for those who give criminal orders 07.10.2022
- Russia's use of Iranian drones not to significantly affect course of war – ISW 07.10.2022
- WINNERS OF NOBEL PEACE PRIZE IN 2022: ALES BIALIATSKI (BELARUS), CENTER FOR CIVIL LIBERTIES (UKRAINE), MEMORIAL ORGANIZATION (RUSSIA) 07.10.2022
- Winners of Nobel Peace prize in 2022: Ales Bialiatski (Belarus), Center for Civil Liberties (Ukraine), Memorial organization (Russia) 07.10.2022
- Shmyhal discusses with foreign colleagues defense and financial assistance to Ukraine 07.10.2022
Russia violates UN charter – Biden at UN
(Text after paragraph two added)
KYIV. Sept 21 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Russia violated the UN Charter by invading Ukraine, U.S. President Joseph Biden said.
Biden said, speaking at the UN General Assembly on Wednesday, that permanent member of the UN Security Council invaded his neighboring country, adding that Russia shamelessly violated the foundations of the UN Charter, a clear ban on the conquest of a neighboring country.
Запад не угрожал России и, напротив, стремился предотвратить обострение обстановки, заявил Байден.
“None threatened Russia and none sought conflict,” he said, speaking at the UN General Assembly. Speaking about the Ukrainian crisis, Biden stressed that the United States "tried to avoid it."
Biden confirmed that the United States does not intend to recognize the results of referendums in Donbas and in the occupied parts of Kherson and Zaporizhia regions. Biden called such referendums a violation of international norms.