- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
Russia seeking to develop PMCs alternative to Wagner – British intelligence
KYIV. April 4 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Russia is likely seeking to sponsor and develop alternative private military companies (PMCs) to eventually replace the Wagner Group PMC in its significant combat role in Ukraine, according to a defense intelligence report on Twitter of the United Kingdom Department of Defense UK and Northern Ireland on Tuesday morning.
“This takes place in the context of the high-profile feud between the Russian Ministry of Defense and Wagner Group. Russia’s military leadership likely wants a replacement of PMC that is more control over. However, no other known Russian PMC currently approaches Wagner’s size or combat power,” the intelligence said.
British intelligence said Russia probably sees further utility for PMCs in Ukraine, as it believes that heavy losses among PMCs will be better tolerated by Russian society compared to regular military losses.