- DTEK regards Zelensky's statements as unfair, baseless 27.11.2021
- Delivery of 50,000 vials of Remdesivir to Ukraine expected by Dec 15 – health minister 27.11.2021
- State overthrow being prepared by FSB officer, three defectors from Interior Ministry – media 27.11.2021
- Burba wants to sue for charge of disclosing classified info 27.11.2021
- There is no conflict of interest between Yermak and Tatarov – Zelensky 27.11.2021
Russia registers 33,558 new cases of COVID-19, 1,240 deaths in past 24 hours – HQ
MOSCOW. Nov 24 (Interfax) – Russia has registered 33,558 new cases of COVID-19 and 1,240 deaths in the past 24 hours, the coronavirus response headquarters said in a statement on Wednesday.
"Over the past day, 33,558 COVID-19 cases were confirmed in 85 regions of Russia, including 2,194 asymptomatic cases identified proactively (6.5%)," the headquarters said.
According to the headquarters, there were 2,533 new cases of Covid-19 in Moscow, 1,842 in Moscow region, and 1,387 in St. Petersburg.
In the past 24 hours, 1,240 patients died from COVID-19 across Russia, mostly, in Moscow (93), St. Petersburg (73), and the Moscow region (56).
Since the beginning of the coronavirus epidemic in Russia, it has registered a total of 9,434,393 cases of COVID-19, including 267,819 deaths and 8,126,376 recoveries, including 36,682 persons discharged from hospital over the past day, 5,393 of them in Moscow.
The Federal Service for Surveillance on Consumer Rights Protection and Human Wellbeing (Rospotrebnadzor) said on Wednesday that Russia has performed more than 221.8 million COVID-19 diagnostic tests to date, including 416,000 over the past day. As many as 1,884,680 people remain under medical observation.