- Another Russian ship destroyed off Snake Island coast – Defense Ministry 07.05.2022
- Zelensky indicates the need to eliminate queues at gas stations – meeting of President’s Office with Cabinet 07.05.2022
- Sumy region shelled by Russian aircraft, serviceman of Border Guard Service wounded – regional authorities 07.05.2022
- Air defense shoots down Russian missile over Poltava region – head of regional administration 07.05.2022
- Two Russian servicemen who fired Grad at Kozacha Lopan to appear before court – prosecutor's office 07.05.2022
Russia does not believe in prosecution for war crimes – Zelensky at Chatam House
KYIV. May 6 (Interfax-Ukraine) – President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky thinks that the Russian leadership does not believe in the possibility of being held accountable for war crimes committed in Ukraine.
According to him, Russia is showing extreme cruelty and disregard for all international conventions, the entire system of international law and human rights, as well as for the inviolability of borders and the integrity of states in Europe.
"Why Russia is doing all that? Because they believe that the responsibility can be postponed for decades. They do not believe that the international community is able to hold accountable for war crimes those who hide behind the power of nuclear states," Zelensky said, speaking via video link at the Chatam House analytical center.