- EXPLOSIONS HEARD IN KUPYANSK IN KHARKIV REGION – TELEGRAM CHANNELS 28.11.2022
- Kostin discusses with UK colleagues prospects of creating Special Tribunal for Crime of Aggression 28.11.2022
- Humanitarian aid from Hungary arrived in Kherson – City Council 28.11.2022
- Occupiers damage Mykolaivvodokanal's pumping station, water to be supplied to Mykolaiv from Buh estuary – mayor 28.11.2022
- Danilov: Best solution to Ukraine's energy problem is missiles with range of 800 km or more 28.11.2022
Russia attacks Ukraine by 86 Shahed-136 drones, 60% downed – AFU General Staff
KYIV. Oct 6 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Russia attacked Ukraine by 86 Shahed-136 drones, 60% of which were downed, Deputy Chief of the Main Operational Directorate of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU) Oleksiy Hromov has said.
"In general, since the start of attacks by Shahed-136 kamikaze drones, they have used 86 units, 60% of which were downed," he told a Thursday press briefing at the Military Media Center.
"The enemy launched air strikes near the residential areas of Myroliubivka, Arkhanhelske, Sukhyi Stavok, Ternovi Vody, Davydiv Brid, and mounted missile attacks near Bereznehovate and Mykolaiv. During the period from September 30, the enemy fired 20 missiles of various types, in particular it fired 13 ballistic missiles. The enemy also used 46 Shahed-136 kamikaze drones to attack military objects, civilian infrastructure and defense positions, 24 of them were destroyed," Hromov said.
He also noted that on Thursday night the Air Force eliminated nine of twelve kamikaze drones launched by the enemy.