- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
Register of losses suffered by Ukraine as result of war to be placed in The Hague – Zelenskyy
KYIV. Feb 17 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The Register of Ukraine’s losses incurred as a result of Russia’s aggressive war will be placed in The Hague, President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy said in a video address on Friday.
“Mark Rutte, Prime Minister of the Netherlands, was on a visit to Kyiv. A leader who helps us a lot to defend freedom. The leader of a state that helps us a lot to protect Ukraine and all of Europe,” he said.
“The Netherlands is among Ukraine’s leading partners. This is manifested in armed support, political and legal support,” Zelenskyy said.
According to him, after the talks, it became clear that “there will be more weapons for our soldiers, there will be more pressure on the terrorist state, there will be more opportunities to restore justice.”
“Together with the Netherlands, we are working to punish Russia for this aggression and to compensate for the damage caused by the war. There is already a specific solution – to place the Register of Losses in The Hague. This is the first significant element of the future compensation mechanism,” Zelenskyy said.