- Ukrainian volunteers face problem of bringing humanitarian aid into country – experts 22.05.2022
- Another Russian ship destroyed off Snake Island coast – Defense Ministry 07.05.2022
- Zelensky indicates the need to eliminate queues at gas stations – meeting of President’s Office with Cabinet 07.05.2022
- Sumy region shelled by Russian aircraft, serviceman of Border Guard Service wounded – regional authorities 07.05.2022
- Air defense shoots down Russian missile over Poltava region – head of regional administration 07.05.2022
Rada suggests amending legislation to cleanse govt from pro-Russian political parties
KYIV. May 5 (Interfax-Ukraine) – A group of deputies has registered in the Verkhovna Rada a bill to amend certain laws to get rid of pro-Russian political parties.
According to the website of the parliament, the bill was registered under the number 7318-1 on Friday.
The text of the bill has not been made public yet.
According to the bill’s card, it is an alternative to bill No. 7318 on amendments to certain laws on the cleansing of power concerning the founders and members of anti-Ukrainian political parties, registered on April 26.
As reported, corresponding bill No. 7318 on amendments to some laws on the cleansing of power regarding the founders and members of anti-Ukrainian political parties was registered in the Verkhovna Rada. The bill amends the Electoral Code of Ukraine and the law On the cleansing of power. The document provides for a ban on holding positions in respect of which the cleansing of power (lustration) is carried out, for ten years, to founders or members of the Communist Party of Ukraine, Party of Regions, Social Democratic Party of Ukraine (united), Opposition Platform – For Life, Shariy Party, the State, the Left Opposition, the Progressive Socialist Party of Ukraine, Union of Left Forces, the Socialist Party of Ukraine, the Socialists, the Opposition Bloc, the Nashi, and Volodymyr Saldo Bloc.
Amendments to the laws also prohibit the founders and members of the listed political forces from running for president of Ukraine, being a candidate for MPs, deputies of the local council, village, township, and a city head.