- Putin disagrees with Erdogan on UN SC reform: veto right cannot be scrapped 21.10.2021
- Zaporizhia Iron Ore Plant increases production of iron ore by 7.1% in Jan-Sept 21.10.2021
- Ukraine's military development by NATO already taking place, it's real threat for Russia – Putin 21.10.2021
- Congress of Servant of People party to be held in mid-November – Korniyenko 21.10.2021
- Stefanchuk: No one tells me which TV programs to attend 21.10.2021
Rada chairman, OSCE PA president discuss countering Russian aggression
KYIV. Oct 13 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Ruslan Stefanchuk and President of the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly Margareta Cederfelt discussed issues of countering Russian aggression, the parliament said in its website on Wednesday.
"We are grateful for the priority that Sweden has given to countering Russian aggression during its chairmanship of the OSCE in 2021 […]. The endorsement by the OSCE PA at the annual sessions of a number of resolutions condemning Russia’s actions against Ukraine has clearly shown the commitment of parliamentarians across the OSCE region to fundamental OSCE principles and commitments, and has become an example of unity in upholding them," Stefanchuk said.
The Ukrainian parliament’s chairman believes the issues of countering Russian aggression are extremely important for restoring respect for the fundamental principles of the OSCE, which Russia has grossly violated.
"The Ukrainian parliament has repeatedly called on the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly and other inter-parliamentary organizations to continue political pressure on Russia in order to release all Ukrainian hostages, including those illegally held in the occupied Crimea and on the territory of Russia," Stefanchuk said.
The Verkhovna Rada chairman also expressed hope the OSCE PA will be able to take part in the parliamentary dimension of the Crimea platform.