- EXPLOSIONS HEARD IN KUPYANSK IN KHARKIV REGION – TELEGRAM CHANNELS 28.11.2022
- Kostin discusses with UK colleagues prospects of creating Special Tribunal for Crime of Aggression 28.11.2022
- Humanitarian aid from Hungary arrived in Kherson – City Council 28.11.2022
- Occupiers damage Mykolaivvodokanal's pumping station, water to be supplied to Mykolaiv from Buh estuary – mayor 28.11.2022
- Danilov: Best solution to Ukraine's energy problem is missiles with range of 800 km or more 28.11.2022
Rada asks intl organizations to create special intl tribunal for Russia's aggression against Ukraine
KYIV. Oct 7 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The Verkhovna Rada has called on the United Nations, parliaments and governments of the UN member states, the European Union, the Council of Europe to create a special international tribunal for the crime of Russian aggression against Ukraine.
Some 283 deputies voted for corresponding draft resolution No. 8094 at the plenary session on Friday, the parliamentarian from the Holos faction Yaroslav Zhelezniak said on his Telegram channel.
The MPs suggest that a special international tribunal should have jurisdiction to investigate and bring to justice for the commission of a crime of aggression against Ukraine "probably committed by the highest political and military leadership of the Russian Federation."
The parliamentarians propose to apply the definition of "aggression" enshrined in international law in Article 8 of the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court.
According to the deputies, a special international tribunal should have jurisdiction over individuals exercising effective control or directly managing the political or military actions of the State, have the authority to issue international arrest warrants and not be limited by the absolute and/or functional immunity of heads of state and Government and other state officials, have jurisdiction over all events, since the beginning of the armed aggression of the Russian Federation against Ukraine – since February 2014.