- Ukraine needs F-16 fighters – Zaluzhny 30.03.2023
- Kondratiuk, Minister of Education of Slovakia discuss issues of access to education for Ukrainian children 30.03.2023
- FMs of Bucharest Nine to hold meeting on March 30-31, discuss war in Ukraine, NATO summit 30.03.2023
- Zelenskyy invites Austrian MPs to visit Ukraine, see what Russia 'brings to Ukraine and the world' 30.03.2023
- Compulsory evacuation of remaining children from Avdiyivka planned next week – military administration head 30.03.2023
Rada asked to denounce agreement between govts of Ukraine, Russia on joint border control
KYIV. March 10 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine proposes the Verkhovna Rada to terminate the intergovernmental agreement with the Russian Federation on cooperation in the implementation of joint control of persons, vehicles and goods at the Ukrainian-Russian state border.
Relevant draft law No. 0192 was registered at the Verkhovna Rada on Thursday, the website of the parliament reports.
According to the explanatory note to the bill, the reason for the denunciation of this agreement is “radical changes in the circumstances caused by armed aggression of the Russian Federation against Ukraine.”
The agreement provides that each party has the right to terminate the treaty by notifying the other party through diplomatic channels. In this case, the agreement will terminate in six months from the date of receipt of the notice.
The procedure for terminating international treaties of Ukraine is regulated by the Vienna Convention on the Law of Treaties of 1969 and the law on international treaties of Ukraine.
The agreement was signed on October 8, 2011 in Donetsk.