- Ukrainian FM urges to resist perception of counteroffensive as 'decisive battle' in war 30.03.2023
- Blinken to take part in meeting of NATO foreign ministers; talks with Ukrainian FM expected 30.03.2023
- Interfax-Ukraine to host discussion 'Are Ukraine and Russia Resources to Conduct War Comparable? How Can They Affect Its Duration?' 30.03.2023
- Ukraine may become EU's member one year after start of pre-accession negotiations – Kuleba 30.03.2023
- Macron during his visit to China intends to warn Beijing against supporting Russia's actions in Ukraine – French Foreign Ministry 30.03.2023
Rada asked to appeal to foreign parliaments, European Parliament, IAEA with call to impose sanctions against Rosatom
KYIV. Feb 24 (Interfax-Ukraine) – A group of MPs suggests that the Verkhovna Rada appeal to the parliaments of all foreign states, the European Parliament and the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) regarding the imposition of sanctions on the Russian state nuclear energy corporation Rosatom.
Parliamentarians also propose to call on the international community to reduce cooperation with Russia in the field of nuclear energy.
Corresponding draft resolution No. 9060 was registered on February 23, but its text is currently not available on the Verkhovna Rada website.
The document was co-authored by representatives of various parliamentary factions and groups, in particular, Inna Sovsun (Holos), Oleksandr Bakumov (Servant of the People), Ivanna Klympush-Tsintsadze (European Solidarity), Mykhailo Tsymbaliuk (Batkivschyna), and Iryna Konstankevych (For the Future group).