- Zelensky, Aliyev discuss topical issues of bilateral cooperation 25.01.2022
- Pentagon puts 8,500 troops on high alert for possible deployment to Europe 25.01.2022
- Ukraine waiting for third plane with lethal weapons from USA – Reznikov 25.01.2022
- Australia not to send troops to Ukraine, ready to aid in cybersecurity – FM 25.01.2022
- Kyiv Administration’s first dpty head Povoroznyk served with charges in ‘land plot for NSDC’ case – Klitschko 25.01.2022
Protestors destroy Almaty airport's terminal, duty-free area
ALMATY. Jan 6 (Interfax) – Protestors who have seized the airport in Almaty have smashed its inside terminal and duty free section, an airport official said.
"At around 8:30 p.m. local time [January 5] the protestors seized the airport in Almaty. They broke onto the grounds of the airport, smashed the inside terminal and Duty Free. Passengers were led away through a temporary warehouse. Staff also were removed," the source told Interfax.
One plane landed already after the airport was seized, he said. Its passengers disembarked in darkness.
Earlier on Wednesday the news website Orda.kz reported that protestors had seized the airport in Almaty, causing it to stop functioning.