- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
Projects to modernize housing stock in Ukraine involve attracting $26 bln loan from the United States – MP
KYIV. Sept 3 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The project to modernize the outdated housing stock in Ukraine involves attracting a $5 billion loan from the United States, a project to improve the energy efficiency of housing implies a $21 billion loan, MP Oleksiy Honcharenko said in his Telegram channel.
The data is contained in the list of projects that the President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky presented during his working trip to the United States.
A government source confirmed to Interfax-Ukraine that the list had been prepared on the eve of the visit. However, according to the source, "some changes could have been made to it directly in the United States."
As stated in the description of the project, more than 8 million Ukrainians live in obsolete housing. The time frame for the project to modernize dilapidated housing is 2022-2031. If the project is implemented without U.S. support, it will take 30 years to implement it.
The terms of the project for the reconstruction and thermal modernization of housing, as well as the reduction of its energy dependence is 15 years (2022-2036). Without the participation of the United States, this period is supposedly increased to 25 years.
Both projects provide for both financial (loan) and expert participation from the United States. The share of Ukraine in the financing of the project is not indicated.