- Putin disagrees with Erdogan on UN SC reform: veto right cannot be scrapped 21.10.2021
- Zaporizhia Iron Ore Plant increases production of iron ore by 7.1% in Jan-Sept 21.10.2021
- Ukraine's military development by NATO already taking place, it's real threat for Russia – Putin 21.10.2021
- Congress of Servant of People party to be held in mid-November – Korniyenko 21.10.2021
- Stefanchuk: No one tells me which TV programs to attend 21.10.2021
President honors memory of those killed for independence on Day of Defenders of Ukraine
KYIV. Oct 14 (Interfax-Ukraine) – On the Day of Defenders of Ukraine, President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky took part in a ceremony to commemorate those killed for independence, which took place on Mykhailivska Square in Kyiv.
"The head of state laid flowers at the Wall of Remembrance of those killed for our country. A minute of silence was observed, after which the military band sang the national anthem of Ukraine. The soldiers of the guard of honor saluted with six salvoes," the president’s press service said on Thursday morning.
The ceremony was also attended by the Head of the President’s Office Andriy Yermak, Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine Oleksiy Danilov, Head of the Verkhovna Rada Ruslan Stefanchuk, Minister of Defense of Ukraine Andriy Taran, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Valeriy Zaluzhny and Deputy Head of the Office of the President Roman Mashovets.
In addition, on Mykhailivska Square, the president was shown samples of modern weapons and military equipment: reconnaissance equipment, control and communications equipment, strike and fire weapons, in particular the Neptune cruise missile system, the Stugna anti-tank missile launcher, the Agema multipurpose robotic platform, the multipurpose robotic platform with the RSVK-M unmanned strike midule, the Scorpio-2 unmanned robotic platform, the ST-35 Silent Thunder and Skyfist unmanned strike systems.