- Another Russian ship destroyed off Snake Island coast – Defense Ministry 07.05.2022
- Zelensky indicates the need to eliminate queues at gas stations – meeting of President’s Office with Cabinet 07.05.2022
- Sumy region shelled by Russian aircraft, serviceman of Border Guard Service wounded – regional authorities 07.05.2022
- Air defense shoots down Russian missile over Poltava region – head of regional administration 07.05.2022
- Two Russian servicemen who fired Grad at Kozacha Lopan to appear before court – prosecutor's office 07.05.2022
Pivdenny Mining cuts output of concentrate by quarter over four months
KYIV. May 3 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Pivdenny Mining and Processing Plant (Dnipropetrovsk region) in January-April this year reduced production of iron ore concentrate by 24% compared to the same period last year, to 3.120 million tonnes.
According to the company’s official information, the plant produced 316,900 tonnes of iron ore concentrate in April, and 411,000 tonnes in March.
"The third month of plant’s work in wartime conditions has passed. The enterprise continues to carry out an iron ore concentrate production program… Part of the marketable output was shipped to the Zaporizhstal metallurgical plant. There is no possibility of sending raw materials to Asia and North Africa," the company said in a statement on Monday.
It is also noted that the plant had completed the modernization of a power supply substation for production equipment of the first ore processing plant. Specialists installed modern units with microprocessor protection. The project will increase the reliability of technological sections Nos. 9-10 and a vacuum pump shop.
Pivdenny Mining has put into effect a Dust Suppression Action Plan for the spring-summer period. Work has begun on protection against sawing of tailings, dumps and a quarry of the enterprise. In April, the plant also began daily irrigation of the streets of the Pivdenny micro-district with water, the company notes.
As part of social work, the plant joined the corporate project House for Friends. Each employee of the enterprise can provide temporary housing for employees of Metinvest Group evacuated from Mariupol. In turn, the company compensates for the cost of renting a house, apartment or even a room.
Pivdenny Mining and Processing Plant is one of the main producers of iron ore raw materials in Ukraine – concentrate. It is engaged in mining and processing of ferruginous quartzites to obtain iron ore concentrate.