- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
Persha insurer in 2022 cuts gross premiums by 3.2%, payments by 10.7%
KYIV. April 4 (Interfax-Ukraine) – PrJSC Insurance company Persha (Kyiv) in 2022 collected UAH 549.6 million of gross premiums, which is 3.23% less than in 2021.
According to the Standard-Rating agency, which confirms the credit/financial strength rating of the insurer at the level of “uaAA” on the national scale, when updating the rating, the agency was guided by an analysis of the insurer’s activities for 2022.
At the same time, part of insurance premiums from individuals increased by 15.23%, to UAH 260.734 million, and from reinsurers, on the contrary, decreased by 96.21%, to UAH 2.631 million. Thus, following the results of the twelve months of 2022, the share of individuals in the gross premiums of the insurer amounted to 47.44%.
Insurance payments sent to reinsurers decreased by 42.58% over the year, to UAH 81.203 million. Thus, the coefficient of participation of reinsurers in insurance premiums decreased by 10.13 percentage points, to 14.77%.
The insurer’s net premiums increased by 9.81%, to UAH 468.414 million, while earned premiums increased by 4.47%, to UAH 417.605 million.
In 2022, the company paid out UAH 215.815 million of insurance payments and indemnities to its customers, which is 10.72% lower than the amount of payments for the same period in 2021. Thus, the level of payments decreased by 3.29 percentage points, to 39.27%.
Net profit for the four quarters of 2022 amounted to UAH 5.593 million. At the same time, the financial result from operations in 2022 was negative.
As of December 31, the insurer’s assets increased by 14.16%, to UAH 897.095 million, shareholders’ equity by 14.76%, to UAH 171.839 million, liabilities by 14.01%, to UAH 725.256 million, and cash and cash equivalents decreased by 32.33%, to UAH 212.068 million.