- Putin disagrees with Erdogan on UN SC reform: veto right cannot be scrapped 21.10.2021
- Zaporizhia Iron Ore Plant increases production of iron ore by 7.1% in Jan-Sept 21.10.2021
- Ukraine's military development by NATO already taking place, it's real threat for Russia – Putin 21.10.2021
- Congress of Servant of People party to be held in mid-November – Korniyenko 21.10.2021
- Stefanchuk: No one tells me which TV programs to attend 21.10.2021
Pechersky district court rules to place Medvedchuk under house arrest until Dec 7
KYIV. Oct 12 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Kyiv’s Pechersky District Court has chosen a measure of restraint in the form of house arrest for MP Viktor Medvedchuk, suspected of high treason and financing of terrorism.
"In satisfying the motion … to refuse, to apply a preventive measure in the form of house arrest against Medvedchuk," the court’s decision read out on Tuesday says.
Thus, the court refused to satisfy the petition of the prosecutors, who asked for the arrest of Medvedchuk with an alternative to post a bail of UAH 1 billion. The term of the preventive measure in the form of house arrest is valid until December 7, 2021.